Do you daydream about Taco Bell’s famous Nacho Cheese Sauce more often? Do you find yourself craving its creamy, cheesy goodness on everything from fiesta potatoes to burritos? Well then, we got you covered! With this copycat Taco Bell nacho cheese sauce recipe, you can recreate that beloved sauce right in your own kitchen. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it also tastes remarkably similar to the fast food version, only if you follow the guidelines carefully.
So, grab your ingredients and get ready to indulge in all the cheesy goodness you’ve been missing – right from the comfort of your own home. Surprise everyone with a restaurant-grade taco bell cheese sauce recipe.
Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
Prep: less than 10 minutes Total: 10 minutes
To whip up a batch of this delicious nacho cheese sauce, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
Don’t worry if you’re missing an ingredient or two – we’ll also discuss some potential substitutes and variations you can make to this recipe.
Here are some potential alternates and variations you can make to this nacho cheese sauce recipe:
- Shredded Cheese: If you don’t have cheddar cheese, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer. Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, or a Mexican blend would work well. You can also mix different types of cheese to achieve your desired flavor and texture.
- Milk: You can use any type of milk you have on hand, such as whole, 2%, or skim. If you don’t have milk, you can also use water or a milk substitute like almond or soy milk.
- Flour: Instead of all-purpose flour, you can use cornstarch or arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
- Butter: You can substitute the butter with margarine, vegetable oil, or coconut oil. Again, keep in mind that this may slightly affect the taste and texture of the sauce.
- Spices: If you prefer a spicier sauce, you can add more chili powder or cayenne pepper. You can also experiment with different spices to achieve your desired flavor, such as smoked paprika or onion powder.
Feel free to make any of these substitutions or variations to customize this recipe to your liking. Now, gather up your ingredients and let’s get started!
Now that you have your ingredients ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce.
Step 1: Melt Butter
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
Step 2: Add Flour and Spices
Once the butter is melted, whisk in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin until combined. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns a light golden color.
Step 3: Add Milk
Gradually whisk in 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes, or until it thickens and bubbles.
Step 4: Add Cheese
Reduce the heat to low and add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture. Stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
Once the cheese is melted and the sauce has reached your desired consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat. Season with salt to taste, and serve immediately with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, or any other dish of your choosing.
Congratulations, you’ve just made a delicious batch of Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce! Don’t forget to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Chefs Tips & Tricks
Want to take your nacho cheese sauce game to the next level? Here are some tips and tricks for achieving the perfect texture and flavor.
- Shred your own cheese: While pre-shredded cheese is convenient, it often contains anti-caking agents that can affect the texture of your sauce. For the best results, shred your own cheese using a box grater or food processor.
- Use a whisk: To avoid lumps in your sauce, use a whisk when adding the flour and milk to the melted butter. Whisk constantly to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add cheese gradually: Adding too much cheese at once can cause the sauce to become clumpy and greasy. To avoid this, add the cheese in small amounts and stir until fully melted before adding more.
- Adjust seasoning to taste: The amount of spices in this recipe is just a guideline. Feel free to adjust the amount of chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin to your personal taste preferences.
- Customize with additions: Want to add a little extra flavor to your nacho cheese sauce? Try stirring in some diced tomatoes, jalapenos, or green chilies. You can also experiment with different cheeses or milk substitutes to create your own unique flavor profile.
What makes this Taco Bell Cheese Sauce recipe so good?
First thing first, it’s super easy and quick to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a delicious batch of nacho cheese sauce that tastes just like the real thing from Taco Bell.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s fully customizable. You can adjust the seasoning to your personal taste preferences and even experiment with different types of cheese and milk substitutes to create your own unique flavor.
This recipe is perfect for a variety of dishes. Whether you’re making nachos, cheesy fiesta potatoes, or a burrito, this sauce is the perfect addition to any Tex-Mex inspired meal.
So if you’re a fan of Taco Bell’s nacho cheese sauce, give this recipe a try and see for yourself just how easy and delicious it can be!
Some Serving Ideas
Looking for ideas on how to use your homemade Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce? Here are some serving suggestions to get you started:
- Nachos: Of course, the classic way to enjoy nacho cheese sauce is on top of a big pile of tortilla chips, topped with your favorite toppings like diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and black beans.
- Cheesy fiesta potatoes: Dice up some cooked potatoes and smother them in the nacho cheese sauce. Top with sour cream and green onions for a tasty side dish.
- Quesadillas: Spread some cheese sauce on a tortilla and top with shredded chicken, sautéed vegetables, and more cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and cook in a skillet until crispy and golden.
- Cheesy burrito: Roll up your favorite fillings in a large flour tortilla, including rice, beans, meat, and vegetables. Smother the burrito in cheese sauce before baking in the oven or enjoying as is.
- Cheesy dip: Warm up the cheese sauce and serve it as a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables.
These are just a few suggestions to get you started. Feel free to experiment with different dishes and cuisines to find new and exciting ways to enjoy your homemade nacho cheese sauce. Bon appétit!
Here’s a breakdown of the nutrition information for this Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce recipe, based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons:
Saturated Fat: 4g
Keep in mind that the nutritional values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. It’s always a good idea to double-check the labels on your ingredients and adjust the serving sizes accordingly.
While this sauce may not be the healthiest option out there, it can be enjoyed in moderation as a treat or indulgence. As with any food, balance and moderation are key.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is taco bell cheese sauce gluten free
The Taco Bell nacho cheese sauce may contain gluten, as some of its ingredients such as modified food starch and maltodextrin may be derived from wheat or other gluten-containing grains. Additionally, cross-contamination may occur during the manufacturing process or at the restaurant where the sauce is prepared.
Does Taco Bell sell their cheese sauce?
Taco Bell does not sell their cheese sauce directly to consumers in grocery stores or online. However, you may be able to purchase a similar cheese sauce from other retailers or online stores that carry Mexican-style cheeses or sauces. Also, there are many recipes available online that attempt to replicate the flavor and texture of Taco Bell’s cheese sauce if you want to try making it at home.
Where can I buy taco bell cheese sauce
Taco Bell sells its nacho cheese sauce in bottles at some grocery stores and online retailers. You can check your local grocery stores or search online to see if they carry the product.
Some grocery stores that may carry Taco Bell cheese sauce include Walmart, Target, Kroger, Safeway, and Albertsons. You can also check online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart.com, and Target.com.
If you prefer to purchase directly from Taco Bell, you can visit their website to order the sauce online or use their store locator to find a nearby location that sells the sauce. Keep in mind that availability may vary by location and the sauce may not be available in all stores.
We hope this recipe to making Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce has been helpful and inspiring! With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create a delicious condiment that’s perfect for a wide range of Tex-Mex inspired dishes.
Remember to adjust the seasoning and texture to your personal preferences, and don’t be afraid to get creative with how you use the sauce in your cooking.
Thanks for reading, and happy cooking!